Michael is a witty, entertaining guy. I could only imagine what he would be like after a few cold ones!
2. You write the war stories with a lot of detail. Do you have any experience? Know anyone who served in the war?
3. When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?
4. How long does it take you to write a book?
Hard to say really. Shades of Grey ended up taking about three months, but I hadn’t been doing any kind of self-promotion or anything. At the moment I am running around like a look and trying to get my current book finished as well.
5. Do you have any habits or quirks while writing?
I get distracted quite easily so end up checking my email and other stuff. I also tend to go through a fair bit of chewing gum. Other than that I am pretty normal; I don’t wear socks on my ears or anything.
6. Where do you get your information or ideas for your books?
The Internet! For the WWII stuff I already know quite a bit but there is plenty of information out there if I need to double-check anything. Ideas wise, they can quite literally pop in my head at any time. I have had plenty of moments of inspiration when sweating down the gym.
7. What do you like to do when you're not writing?
10. What do you think makes a good story?
The thing I was most interested back in school was actually IT and computers. I realized I was good at learning the systems and the software and fixing things was usually easy. I got pestered by everyone else for help though which was kind of annoying.